Sunday February 12th, 2017,
6:15 AM to 12:00 AM
BISHWA BANGLA SARANI, NEWTOWN,
Come witness MTB Time Trial-25 Kms (Competitive) - Pedal for Education on Sunday February 12th, 2017, 6:30 AM at ECO PARK, GATE No 4, BISHWA BANGLA SARANI, NEWTOWN. For this category reporting time is 5:45 AM. Own Cycle & Helmet Mandatory.
Terms & Conditions
PEDAL FOR EDUCATION 2017
Terms and Conditions (RULES AND REGULATIONS)
For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions (“T & C”):-
1. PEDAL FOR EDUCATION 2017 shall be referred to as “the Event”.
2. Any person entering the event shall be known as “the Participant”.
3. ROUND TABLE INDIA shall be referred to as “the Event Organizer”.
1. Any event that is beyond the control of the PEDAL FOR
EDUCATION 2017/Event Organizer including act of God like
storm, rain, inclement weather, etc. or any other event caused
due to health or safety reasons shall be called a “Force
By submitting the Registration Form electronically or physically, the Participant hereby
agrees to the following:
1. To comply with the T & C of the Event put forth by PEDAL FOR EDUCATION
and any other rules stipulated by the Event Organizer.
2. The participant accepts that the vent they are entering is not a race in any
format; any one considered or found competing against any others, will be
stopped from ridding and banned from entering future events.
3. Each participant upon signing the registration form online or offline agrees
that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance/ category
they have chosen.
4. No changes of category and route will be allowed.
5. To enter the Event, the Participant must be above 8 years in case of 15km
Mass Cycling, must be above 14 years in case of 30km Mass Cycling, must
be above 18years in case of both competitive cycling (i.e. Road Bike 40km &
MTB 25 km)
6. It is mandatory to produce and carry valid original address proof with Photo
7. It is mandatory that all riders wear safety approved cycling helmet.
8. Any rider in competitive category not wearing helmet will be disqualified.
9. Organizer reserve the right to refuse entry to the event to anyone with
inappropriate equipment and clothing.
10. Rider must follow the route and instruction from lead and bike marshals.
11. If anywhere found rider not following or diverting instructions from marshal,
he/she will be disqualified.
12. Registration cannot be transferred or returned.
13. Riders are expected not to drop or leave any litter on any part of the route;
any rider found littering will be disqualified.
14. Rider are requested to respect the roads, village and countryside in route,
refilling point, resting point, assembling point, check point. No harsh and foul
language to local people.
15. To act in a professional and cautious manner while participating in the Event.
The Participant may be disqualified from the Event failing to do so. The
function of the marshals and relevant signage at the venue of the Event is
only to indicate direction, the Participant shall decide if the movement is safe.
Event Organizer shall not be responsible for the same.
16. Throughout the duration of the Event, to participate in the Event entirely at
his/her own risk, to rely on his/her ability to deal with hazards, and to conduct
himself/herself in a manner that is safe for all throughout the duration of the
17. During the participation in the Event, to cycle with care and attention and
abide by the T & C, the local traffic rules and any other rules stipulated by the
18. The Participant understands that the participation in the Event is physically
strenuous and demanding and that he/she is aware of the nature of the Event
and associated medical and physical risks. The Participant further certifies
that he/she is physically capable of participating in the Event and completing
the Event within the cut off time (as decided by the Event Organizer). The
Participant shall take part in the Event only if he/she is fit enough to do so.
19. If the Participant has any medical condition(s), including allergies, which the
Event Organizer or Event medical advisers need to be aware of, he/she shall
disclose the same to them before participating in the Event and he/she shall
be solely responsible for any risks involved due to such medical condition(s).
20. The Participant accepts complete liability and responsibility for any medical
expenses that may be incurred as a result of training for and/or participating
in the Event.
21. The Participant accepts that PEDAL FOR EDUCATION 2017, the Event
Organizer, the Event sponsors, partner organizers, officials, medical advisers
or any person involved in the organization of the Event shall not be liable for
any injury or illness that he/she may suffer as a result of his/her participation
in the Event, whether prior to, during or subsequent to the Event.
22. Whilst the Event Organizer shall take reasonable care with the staging of the
Event, the Participant accepts that he/she must take all reasonable
precautions for the safeguarding of his/her person and/or property during the
participation. The Participant further acknowledges that personal accident
and personal item insurance is his/her sole responsibility.
23. To provide and/or use a suitable bicycle and helmet. The Event Organizer’s
decision as to whether the bicycle and helmet are suitable or not shall be
24. The Event Organizer reserves the right to amend the Event format or cancel
the Event due to health and safety reasons, including storm, rain, inclement
weather, winds or any other act of God or any other Force Majeure Event. In
such circumstances The Entry Fee (if any) paid by the Participant shall be
refunded (maintaining the online transaction modalities by registration
25. Organizer reserves the right to create, edit or amend the administration
charge per Event at any time. This includes the period between date of entry
opening and closing for the Event.
26. Confirmed entry to the Event is dependent upon a fully and accurately
completed online or physical Entry Form; and receipt of payment of the Entry
Fee on or before specified date. If either of these conditions is not fulfilled,
then the entry may be invalid, and the Participant shall no longer be eligible to
27. Through the completion and submission of the online Entry Form, the
Participant agrees to pay for the Event entry.
28. The Participant consents to his/her appearance in any media format, in
relation to the publicity of the Event, and in future publicity and advertising of
PEDAL FOR EDUCATION 2017/ event organizer or any other event provided
that such use does not amount to direct endorsement of any official sponsor
or supplier of the Event. The organizer reserves the right to use of pictures of
participants for promotion of cause and any event in future.
29. The Participant’s personal details (including but not limited to name, age
group, gender, race category, finishing time, finishing position) shall be stored
electronically for time trail participant by PUI NETWORK. Such information
may appear on the public list of participants and result list for the Event. By
entering the event, the Participant, consents to access to his/her data by the
30. You will participate only in the Time Trial category for which your application
as well as entry has been confirmed. No matter what the circumstance is,
you’re cycling and entry number bib will not be transferred to any other
31. Cyclers, who interchange their timing bib tag and / or running number bib tag
with other, will be disqualified from the cycling event and will not be allowed
to participate or apply in the subsequent edition.
32. THE ORGANIZER & PUI NETWORK holds the right to exclude or disqualify
any person from the cycling competition if details filled on the entry form are
found to be incomplete or incorrect, who is suspected of consuming any kind
of banned substances, or who has been banned from competition under
jurisdiction of CFI. It is important to know that no fee will be refunded.
33. Rider / participant will be held responsible for any casualty or mishap.
34. Please note if you don't wear your timing bib tag as instructed, you won't be
able to get an official finish time only applicable for the Time Trial category
and thereby the official Certificate recording your finish times. No bib tag – No
Timing – No Prize.
35. Prize is applicable only for 40Km RB time trial & 25km time trial.
36. Those who are participating in the event are not allowed to cycle with children
or babies who are under age of the designated category or with unregistered
37. Specific finish cut-off timings are there for each category of the race about
which participants will be updated on a day closer to the event. Participants
who fail to finish their race within the specific timing should stick to the path
for completing the race / lap, however the route will be opened for vehicular
traffic after the time intimated.
38. Only those participants who are confirmed for the event will be allowed on the
cycling route. Anyone found wearing no bib or incorrect bib will be
immediately removed and disqualified by the security.
39. In addition, every participant must wear the number bib on the front of the
vest worn. Any damage, mutilation, alteration and fold to the bib will lead to
disqualification of the participant from the cycling event.
40. Organizers of the event hold every right to stop any participant from
participating in the event who is medically unfit, and cannot continue.
41. Baggage counters are available only for participants of certain categories.
Participants are requested to reach the venue without any belongings. This is
to ensure security of the participants and audience alike. It is strongly
suggested that you leave no belongings such as watch, mobile phone,
jewellery, electronic gadgets and camera in the bag. Organisers of the event
are not responsible for any kind of loss or damage occurred to your
belongings. You are responsible for the security of your belongings.
42. All decisions by the Event Organizer, its employees or its agents shall be
43. The T & C and any dispute or claim arising out of, or in connection with it, or
its subject matter or formation, (including non-contractual disputes or claims)
shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India.
Only and exclusively under the jurisdiction of honourable KOLKATA HIGH
44. A person who is not party to these Terms shall not have any rights under or in
connection with them.
Prize and Regulations:
1. Along with the information mentioned herein, entitlement to prize money as
well as finish positions is subject all to the following.
Bib tag timing which is captured as well as recorded across all timing points at
the time of the race, comprising the start, intermediates well as finish mats, Physical
verification which is performed by technical officials.
Cyclists, who have interchanged or exchanged their bib tags or cycling number bib with other participants, will be disqualified from the event. Such cyclists shall be entitled to neither prize money nor timing.
1. Winners of the prize might be further asked to submit age or identity proof as
per the requirement of the organizer for disbursing the prize money.
2. Results which are announced on the day of event are provisional.
Entitlement to prize money as well as final results shall be entitled to the rules
which are mentioned here.
3. Money won as prize is entitled to Indian Income Tax Rules as applicable as
well as taxed, if any.
4. In event of any dispute i.e. timing, position, disqualification and distribution of
prize money, the decision of the organizers is final.
I do hereby declare that I have read and accept the above mentioned Terms &
Conditions for this event.
..................................................................... Date: ....................
Signature of participant/
Guardian’s signature if participant is minor
• Please be at the venue at least 45 minutes before the event to pick up your passes. • Own Cycle and Helmet Mandatory. • A convenience fee may be levied. • Passes cannot be exchanged or refunded. • Eventjini enables a transaction between you and the organizers of this event. • Once a transaction is completed, Eventjini or Eventus Software which owns Eventjini, is not liable to process any refunds under any circumstances. • For any refunds, grievances, claims and questions related to the event and its execution please contact the event organizer.