Saturday October 15th, 2016,
5:15 AM to 9:30 AM
4, Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Kottivakkam, Chennai 600041,
In this momentuous week of road cycling excitement, we have a very special event lined up.
Vivek Radhakrishnan is in town and he wants to ride! Now this is the guy who kickstarted pro-cycling in India with the formation of the Specialized Kynkyny Cycling Team. Vivek Radhakrishnan’s work in cycling is extensive. With many years of experience both on and of the saddle, he is arguably one of the most knowledgeable people in the country today, on the science and sport of cycling.
As mentioned earlier, he has been instrumental in developing bicycle racing here in India, and set up what remains the country's most prolific and inspirational racing squad, the Specialized Kynkyny Cycling Team. He has worked with athletes from a grass roots level and taken them to National titles, winning medals both in India and abroad. Today Vivek works at one of the world’s leading and most innovative cycling brands, Specialized Bicycles from California USA. Vivek has worked in different divisions of the company, and is part of the team spearheading the brand in Asia Pacific.
Having started in the technical and education branch, today he works on the South East Asia management team, leading market development across South Asia, and is also a category lead for Road Cycling and Triathlon. Along side his duties on the business side of things, Vivek continues to work with athletes in the sport, and is now concentrating on developing the sport with children. Though much of his time is spent behind the scenes with athletes, you will also find him at the start line of many races wherever he may be traveling.
And that's not all folks! We also have Rohan Kini!
Rohan, an engineer by qualification, is the founder of BumsOnTheSaddle. Having worked with a few IT companies for more than 8 years, he started BumOnTheSaddle – a cycling company almost a decade ago to take cycling to the next level in India. His keen interest in the idea of cycling led him to quit his IT job & follow his dream. Technically sound would be an understatement for him.
These two guys want to ride in Namma Chennai and why not? So we've put this event together. What's more? We're also planning a Q&A after the ride where they will answer any questions cycling related, from technology, to fit, nutrition and so on... If you can't make it for the ride, don't stress! You can join us directly at the venue for the Q&A session at roughly 8 am. However, please register nonetheless since we need the headcount for snacks.
Here's the agenda for the morning.
Assembly at ProBikers, OMR: 5:15 am
Ride Start: 5:30 am
Ride End Point: ProBikers, OMR
RIDE DISTANCE: 57-58 km
RIDE PLAN & ROUTE:
Ride starts at ProBikers
Go down OMR
Take left at Sholinganallur to join ECR
Take a right once you hit ECR towards Mahabalipuram
Keep riding until Croc Bank and make a U-turn
Ride back to OMR via same route
When you reach OMR, DO NOT cut across the road. Instead, take the left and make a U-turn at Aavin.
Come back straight down the OMR to ProBikers
Note: This is a self-supported ride however there will be a mechanic to provide technical support.
1. Registration is absolutely free but as we have to coordinate snacks and need the headcount, we're requesting registration.
2. Online Registration will close when we reach 100 registrants.
3. There is no penalty for cancellations but we request you to keep us posted in case you cannot make it by sending an email to email@example.com from your registered e-mail address. This is only to keep track of headcount for snacks.
1. SAFETY must be the single most important aspect of the ride observed by all riders. You are responsible for your own safety. Obey all traffic rules. The road is not closed for the event. You are deemed to be a regular road user.
2. Ensure that your bike is in a good and safe-to-ride condition.
3. Use of Helmet is mandatory at all times during the ride (No Helmet No Ride!)
4. Front lights and Rear lights are recommended for rides before 6:00am and after 6:00pm
5. Use of Reflective jackets is optional but highly recommended
GENERAL SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Respect the rights of other road users.
2. Never ride aggressively among vehicles or other riders.
3. Allow plenty of room when passing pedestrians, cycles or other vehicles.
4. Signal your intentions when stopping, turning or passing using arm signals and voice commands such as "Stopping!"
5. Stay calm and focused on the road. Let others know if you see something unsafe, like a pothole or obstacle in the road, or sandy patch in the bike lane
For any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to seeing you all there! :)
• A convenience fee may be levied.
• Passes cannot be exchanged or refunded.
• Please be at the venue at least 20 minutes before the event to pick up your passes.
• Eventjini enables a transaction between you and the organizers of this event.
• Once a transaction is completed, Eventjini or Eventus Software which owns Eventjini, is not liable to process any refunds under any circumstances.
• For any refunds, grievances, claims and questions related to the event and its execution please contact the event organizer.