Olcott Memorial Higher Secondary School, Sai Ram Colony, Besant Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
05:30 - 22:00
Type : Running
Distance : 21K
Timed : Yes
Type : Running
Distance : 10K
Timed : Yes
Type : Running
Distance : 5K
Timed : No
The vibrant city Chennai is the country’s biggest cultural, economic and educational center. The city also sees a whopping 45% of health tourists every year, from all over the world.
NEB Sports that aims at promoting and developing sports in India, along with promoting a healthy lifestyle amongst the urban population, brings you the Chennai Half Marathon which is going to be scheduled on 18th August 2019 under which 10K and 21K are timed runs and 5K is a fun run which promotes families and friends to join and run together.
NEB Sports organizes big banner events such as IDBI Federal Life Insurance New Delhi Marathon, IDBI Federal Life Insurance Mumbai Half Marathon, Shriram Properties Bengaluru Marathon, Hyderabad Ultra Marathon, IDBI Federal Life Insurance Kolkata Full Marathon, 10K challenges across many cities and NIDJAM. Focus of our events is to provide a good experience to participants and encourage people to adopt a fit and healthy lifestyle.
· Use only the application modes suggested on this website to submit your entries.
· Please thoroughly go through all relevant information given on the event website and application form prior to submitting your application.
· Requests for participation cancellation, and thereby refund, will not be entertained.
· Only individual entries for Marathon/Half Marathon and 5k Run shall be accepted.
· Applicants for Marathon and Half Marathon must be the age of 18 years as on 17th Aug 2019
· Applicants for 5K Fun Run must be the age of 6 years as on 17th Aug 2019. Minors between 6-12 years must be accompanied by a guardian/parent who is a participant under the same race category.
· Confirmation of applications received will be subject to Entry Rules & Guidelines given herein.
· Post close of registrations, email confirmations and running number [BIB / Chest Number] will be sent to all the confirmed participants who have given their valid email id in the registration form.
· On registration being successfully submitted, registrants will receive an email and SMS, confirming their registration with a unique booking ID.
· Runners will receive an email and SMS with their BIB number and other details closer to the race day.
· Those wishing to confirm their registration status in the interim can send us an email to email@example.com
· You are to participate only in the race category for which you had applied and for which your entry has been confirmed. Your entry and running number bib and/or bib tag is not transferable to any other person under any circumstance.
· Runners found to have interchanged their running number bib and/or bib tag with another individual, will be disqualified from the Event and shall not be allowed to apply or participate in the upcoming [2019-2020] editions of any of our events across country.
· The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify or exclude any person from the event/competition who gives incorrect personal data/details on the entry form, who has been banned from competition under IAAF jurisdiction, or who is suspected of having taken banned substances. No refund of entry fee will be made.
· No result or certificate will be given to runners who do not start their run at the respective start times of the race categories they have been confirmed in.
· Please note if you tamper with the bib tag in any way or remove/exchange it with another runner, you won't be able to get an official finish time and thereby the official timing certificate recording your finish times. No Chip, No Timing, No Prize Money.
· No wheeled vehicles are allowed on the course. Anyone bringing wheeled vehicles will be disqualified from the race and asked to leave the course.
· Participants are not allowed to run with pets, unregistered runners or babies/children who are under aged for the designated category.
· Participants will not be allowed to enter the event venue with gas balloons.
· In order to ensure the re-opening of roads by the mentioned time (Or as decided by the event organizers), the organizers will designate cut off times at specified locations. Runners failing to reach these specific locations within times specified must stick to the footpath in order to complete your race.
· Only those confirmed participants wearing the current Chennai Half Marathon running number bibs will be allowed on the route. Any person found wearing the incorrect bib/no bib will be disqualified and removed by security.
· Further, every runner must wear his/her running number bib on the front of the vest. Any mutilation, fold, alteration or damage to the bib will amount to disqualification of the runner from the Event.
· Organizers reserve the right to stop any participant from participating who is found medically unfit to continue in the opinion of the medical personnel.
· Baggage counters are available only for all participants. For security reasons, participants are requested to come, as far as possible, without any baggage. It is strongly recommended that you do not leave valuables like mobile phone, camera, jewellery, watch, electronic gadgets, etc. in the bag stored. Organizers are not responsible for any loss of baggage and belongings.
· Participants are requested to co-operate with the police and security personnel deputed at the event venues and on route. Participants/supporters are liable to random checking on race day this is for your own security.
· Photographs taken of runners during the event organized prior to and on race day can be used for the purpose of promoting the event.
On the Race Day, victory ceremony will be conducted for Half Marathon and Timed 10K age category winners for men & women.
All age category winners will be announced on our website and on our Social Media Channels, 3 working days post the event. They will be provided with their winner’s medals & prize money 45 days from the finish of the event.
All prize money winners of the run (as given in the prize money structure in prize money tab) will receive Merit Certificates certifying their prize money winning positions.
Finishers across all the race categories will get a Finisher's Medal post their run. Medals will not be posted to individual runners.
e-timing certificates of Half Marathon and Timed 10K finishers will be available for download from the event website within 2 weeks from race day.