Sridevi fine arts proudly presents Amarar sandilyan in " KADAL PURA " story is based on the ancient Tamil Kingdom. It was named after the fictional ship built by the CholaCommander Illayapallavan (a) Karunaagara Pallavan, who later became King Thondaiman. The novel is about the Chola kingdom's invasion of Srivijaya and Kalinga (currently the state of Orissa). It's a work of fiction with a few historical characters thrown inanachronistically.
Research about ship building technology in 1067 A.D were explained in this historical play and war over that period. In “Kadal Pura”, you are going to know everything about Kulothungan… who destroyed the entire territory of Kalinga. If you know a little more about this novel, this is supposed to be a prequel to Kalingattuparani, a masterpiece of Tamizh Literature. The hero of “Kadal Pura” is “Karunaakara Pallavan” who is portrayed just as his name suggests in this novel. But if you read “Kalingathu Bharani”, where Karunaagara Pallavan destroys Kalinga under the orders of Kulothungan, he is portrayed as something just short of a merciless creature. At this point, the author of the novel “Kadal Pura” must be given due credit, just because of his treatment of the character. You can really enjoy the irony of this historical play .
Come and feel the joy , emotions , historical languages and the play is worth a time will take u to the ancient times with the art and sets and traditional music...don't miss it!
• A convenience fee may be levied.
• Passes cannot be exchanged or refunded.
• Please be at the venue at least 20 minutes before the event to pick up your passes.
• Eventjini enables a transaction between you and the organizers of this event.
• Once a transaction is completed, Eventjini or Eventus Software which owns Eventjini, is not liable to process any refunds under any circumstances.
• For any refunds, grievances, claims and questions related to the event and its execution please contact the event organizer.