Chennai Kidathon is a one of a kind and the largest run / mini marathon organised exclusively for kids in India. The event aims to promote the message of health and fitness amongst young children. It is open to children between 3 and 14 years of age, and the run categories range from 500m to 4km.The event, which is the second edition of the hugely successful event last year, is being organised by the Madras Cosmopolitan Round Table 94 in aid of charitable causes.
Every kid is a winner and receives a medal and a certificate when they finish. The 500 m, 1km, 2km and 4km events will be closed to traffic and well supervised with volunteers.
The age and run categories are as below:
1) This is a fun event for kids to enjoy the event and not a serious race, hence this will not be timed. All runners are winners.
2) The event will be held on the 9th August 2015 at the YMCA grounds - Nandanam.
3) The start and finish point will be at the YMCA grounds – Nandanam.
4) Clear marking will be made at the venue and runners must ensure they follow the same. Volunteer support will be there to guide the runners.
5) All runners must wear running shoes, barefoot running will not be allowed.
6) Race will be under 4 categories and each of them will be for a specific age group, Eligibility criteria is date of birth. All participants need to comply.
500 mtrs : For kids who are 3 yrs or older and under 6 yrs as on 9th August 2015 (born between 10 Aug 2009 and 9 Aug 2012 – both dates inclusive).
1 Km : For Kids who are 6 yrs or older and under 13 yrs as on 9th August 2015 (born between 10 Aug 2002 and 9 Aug 2009 – both dates inclusive).
2 Km : For Kids who are 6 yrs or older and under 13 yrs as on 9th August 2015 (born between 10 Aug 2002 and 9 Aug 2009 – both dates inclusive).
4 Km : For Kids who are 9 yrs or older and under 15 yrs as on 9th August 2015 (born between 10 Aug 2000 and 9 Aug 2006 – both dates inclusive).
7) Age group and race category will be strictly followed.
8) The event will start at 6:00 Am at YMCA main grounds.
9) Participants must reach the venue at least 0:30 hour before the race to complete the registration formalities and do some warm up before the race starts.
10) You must show photo ID, date of birth proof & registration document to receive your Marathon race number.
11) You must pick up your Marathon race kit, in person, on 8th August only.
12) You are required to wear an official Marathon race number on the front of your T-Shirt to participate in the Marathon.
13) You must be in good health and physically prepared to run.
14) No un-official vehicles, bikes, will be allowed on the grounds.
15) Failure to comply with any of the rules may lead to disqualification.
16) Parents maybe allowed to walk /run on the sidelines of the track with their kids only for the 500m category for which no registration is required for the adult.
17) Hydration points will be available for runners during the run at no extra cost.
18) Every finisher will be recognized with a medal and a certificate.
19) Cancellations - Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. As with any outdoor event, in case of any adverse weather conditions, organisers will still try best to conduct the event, if owing to safety requirements the event cannot be conducted then as a last resort event may have to be cancelled, however cancellation fees cannot be refunded. Fees collected, net of expenses, are to be used for charitable causes.
DECLARATION BY PARENT / GUARDIAN:
I,(father / mother / guardian) of participant hereby state as follows:
1. That the information about the participant provided at the time of registration is true and correct as per records and to
the best of my knowledge. In the event it any information is found to be false, I understand that the participant can be
automatically disqualified at any stage and that the registration fees paid shall stand forfeited and further that the
participant shall not be entitled to any medal/certificate and in the event any such award or recognition is already
conferred then the same is liable to be withdrawn.
2. I shall be solely responsible for the care of the participant all times and for their conduct and behaviour and shall
ensure that the participant is supervised at all times under proper adult care while at the venue or otherwise and
throughout the duration of the event. I understand that in the event of any act by the participant including indiscipline/
misbehaviour, violation of safety rules, etc., the organisers reserve the right to remove the participant together with
any person accompanying the participant from the venue.
3. I have read and accept all the rules and regulations, as also detailed on Chennai Kidathon Facebook page and as
updated from time to time. I understand that the organisers reserve the right to change rules, regulations, event
conditions and I accept that the organisers’ decision shall be final and binding in respect of all matters concerning the
4. I fully understand that this is a sporting event and there is a possibility of risk of injury to the participant and I agree to
hold the organisers indemnified and harmless in this regard.
5. I agree that the event being an outdoor event is subject to vagaries of weather and while the organisers would
endeavour to conduct the event under as per schedule, in the event of bad weather, poor ground conditions, reasons
of Act of God or for any other unforeseen reason and/or in the interest of health and safety and well being of all
participants, preventing the organisers from organising the event, then I agree that the organisers shall have complete
discretion and I shall not hold the organisers responsible for any loss, damages, etc., arising out of such nonconduct/
cancellation of the event.
6. I am aware and understand that the proceeds of this event will be used for charity purposes and as such in the event of cancellation of the event as discussed in paragraph 5 above, there will be no refund of the registration fees.
7. I agree that the vendors at the event such as food caterers and games stall providers would be available at the event
for the benefit of children and other visitors and that these vendors are not the agents of the organisers and in the
event of any issues concerning the vendors, I shall hold only the vendors liable and not the organisers.
8. By virtue of signing this document, I confirm that I have read and understood the contents of this declaration and I
hereby confirm the participation of my child/warden and I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the organisers
at all times.
Place : Chennai