Welcome to Tamilnadu Cycling Club's 100 KM Endurance Ride
A golden opportunity to complete a milestone distance with support of your fellow riders and TCC. Finish your maiden 100 KM and join the growing league of 100 KM riders -you will also get a nice '100 KM League - 2015' badge from TCC. If you are someone who has been riding 30 to 60 KMs on a regular basis, this event from TCC will help you achieve the 100 KM goal. If you are a seasoned rider you can use this opportunity to improve your timing or help someone achieve their maiden 100 KM badge.
Date: Mar 1st, 2015, Sunday
Reporting Time: 4:30 AM
Ride Start Time: 5:00 AM
Ride End Time: 12:30 PM
Start and End point: ProBikers on OMR (PB)
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SIGN THE INDEMNITY BOND PRIOR TO RIDING.
SAFETY IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE. PLEASE OBEY ALL ROAD RULES.
NO HELMET, NO RIDE.
PB->Thiruporor->Chengalpet (Intersection of Thirukazhukundram road/Thiruporur) before the police check post and back to PB in the same route.
4:30am - Assembly / Registration
5:00am - Start
Ride one loop
PS0: 0KMs - PB
PS1: 35KMs - 2 KMs from Thiruporur (OMR) in the Chengalpet road.
PS2: 70KMs - 2 KMs from Thiruporur (OMR) in the Chengalpet road.
PS3: 102:KMs - PB
Pitstop working hours
PB - 4:30am to 5:30am
7:30am to 12:30pm
Thiruporur - 6:30 am to 12:00 Noon
We will have 4 support stations for this ride placed at 2 locations.
Support Station 1 (SS1): @ ProBikers (Start Point, 0KM)
Support Station 2 (SS2): @ Thiruporur (35 KM) 2km from OMR Thiruporur Chengalpet
Support Station 3 (SS3): @ Thiruporur (70 KM) - Same spot
Support Station 4 (SS4): @ ProBikers (End point, 102 KM)
a) Refreshments (like Water, Snack, Enerzal,..), First Aid kit will be available in the support vehicle.
b) Tools: Cycle Pump, puncture kit and mechanic will also be available
Additionally the support vehicle will follow the last rider on loop 2 from Thiruporur (SS3) to ProBikers and provide support enroute.
Please bring spare tubes, puncture kits, cycle pump and other necessary items with you to avoid waiting for the support vehicle.
In case you are not able to complete the ride, you can use the support vehicle at the designated points and transfer the bike to ProBikers. However you need to make your own arrangements for your commute back.
1. SAFETY must be the single most important aspect of the ride observed by all riders. You are responsible for your own safety. Obey all traffic rules. The road is not closed for the event. You are deemed to be a regular road user.
2. Ensure that your bike is in a good and safe-to-ride condition.
3. Use of Helmet is mandatory at all times during the ride (No Helmet No Ride!)
4. Front lights and Rear lights are recommended for rides before 6:00am and after 6:00pm
5. Use of Reflective jackets is optional but highly recommended
GENERAL SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Respect the rights of other road users.
2. Never ride aggressively among vehicles or other riders.
3. Allow plenty of room when passing pedestrians, cycles or other vehicles.
4. Signal your intentions when stopping, turning or passing using arm signals and voice commands such as "Stopping!",
5. Stay calm and focused on the road. Let others know if you see something unsafe, like a pothole or obstacle in the road, or sandy patch in the bike lane.