TCC - Individual Time Trial event
Welcome to TCC's Individual Time Trial event on Sunday, Mar 8th, 2015
TCC invites all cyclists to participate in the last competitive event of the year; an Individual Time Trial event that allows you to benchmark your performance over a short distance and improve yourself. You can read more details about Time trial events here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_trial
Start point: Essar Petrol Bunk on Old Mahabalipuram Road (just 1 KM from Thiruporur bus stand on OMR)
Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/23YF1
Turn Point: Bharat Petroleum Petrol Bunk just before the Poonjeri Toll on OMR.
Finish point: Same place on the other side of the road
Distance: ~23 Km (two way ride)
Categories: Men & Women
Registrations Open: 6:00 am
Registrations Close: 6:30 am
Race Start time: 6:40 am (may get delayed due to adverse riding conditions)
Race Finish time: 8:10 am
Results, Presentation Ceremony: 8:20 am
Breakfast: 8:45 am
1. Complete this registration form with all required details.
2. Registration fee is Rs.100/participant.
3. Online Registration closes on Saturday (07th Mar 2015) by 09:00 am
4. Spot registrations will be charged Rs.150/participant
5. TCC reserves the right to limit the number of participants in this event
At the start point:
1. Basic tools and Cycle pump will be available
2. First Aid Kit
At the Finish point:
1. Basic tools and Cycle pump will be available
2. Refreshments (Water, South Indian breakfast,..)
3. First Aid Kit
SUPPORT VEHICLES (Participants):
1. Support vehicles of participants must be registered and approved by the event director.
2. The support vehicle cannot be ahead of the participant at any point of time and must not obstruct the fellow riders.
3. Support vehicles should not come in the way of the normal conduct of the event. Any violation will lead to disqualification of the team(s) supported.
1. SAFETY must be the single most important aspect of the ride to be observed by all riders. You are responsible for your own safety. Obey all traffic rules. The road is not closed for the event. You are deemed to be a regular road user.
2. Ensure that your bike is in a good and safe-to-ride condition.
3. Use of Helmet is mandatory at all times during the ride. No rider will be allowed to ride without a proper cycling helmet.
GENERAL SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Respect the rights of other road users.
2. Never ride aggressively among vehicles or other riders.
3. Allow plenty of room when passing pedestrians, cycles or other vehicles.
4. Signal your intentions when stopping, turning or passing using arm signals and voice commands such as "Stopping!",
5. Stay calm and focused on the road. Let others know if you see something unsafe, like a pothole or obstacle in the road, or sandy patch in the bike lane.
6. Warming up on the race course is forbidden. You can warm-up in the opposite direction.
1. Line up at the starting line on the shoulder in departure order. Stay off the traveled part of the road.
2. Missing your start time means you go last. The time penalty for this will be 15 seconds.
3. Drafting is NOT allowed and will lead to disqualification.
4. Any action or omission that creates an unfair advantage for one rider over another will lead to disqualification of the rider seeking the unfair advantage.
5. Call out your rider number loud and clear as you approach and cross the finish line. If another rider is crossing the finish line just ahead of you, allow him or her to call his or her number first so that the correct finishing sequence
can be recorded.
6. Ride through the finish line and continue riding in the same direction so as not to interfere with riders finishing behind.
7. Riders must return their rider IDs to the race organizers at the end point.
8. Riders shall not approach the timekeepers for information on times prior to the announcement of official results.
9. The decision of the Event Marshal is final and shall be binding on all participants.
10. Follow the rules and ride in the spirit of friendly competition.
11. An indemnity MUST be signed before start of the event.
12. Participants must strictly adhere to the timeline given above.
13. Participants will be disqualified if found involved in any malpractice.
14. Participants will be flagged off in 30sec / 60sec intervals as per the sequence.
15. Participants will be marked as DNF if they exceed the maximum duration for completion of the ride.
Men's Open - 75 mins (max duration)
Women's Open - 90 mins (max duration)
1. All participants will be awarded points based on their final standings.
2. The points will get accumulated from various competitive events held through out the year and the champions trophy (Men, Women) will be awarded on this basis.
Top 3 positions in each category of event will receive prizes as detailed below.
Note: Second prize will be applicable in case there are more than 10 participants in a category and similarly Third prize will be applicable when there are more than 20 participants in the category.
1st Prize: T-Shirt / Jersey, Medal, Certificate
2nd Prize: Medal, Certificate
3rd Prize: Certificate
Top position under the age of 18 and over the age of 40 will be recognized with a Certificate
1. The first 8 positions will get the following points : 25,20,16,13,10,8,6,4
2. Positions 9 and above will be given 2 points each for successful completion of the ride
TamilNadu Cycling Club (“TCC”) shall mean and includes its members and clubs affiliated with TCC, and their respective directors, officers, servants or agents and Releasees.
Claim means and includes any action, suit, proceeding, claim, demand, damage, and penalty, loss, liability, cost or expense however arising including but not limited to negligence.
Cycling Activities shall include all activities, events, competitions, training rides, tours, programs, workshops, lessons, or other related services, including cross-country, downhill, track, Bicycle-motocross (BMX), trials, cyclo-crossroad cycling etc., which are organized, provided, arranged, conducted, sponsored, promoted or authorized by or connected with the TamilNadu Cycling Club and its Releasees.
Releasees shall mean and include all owners or occupiers of venues or premises where Cycling Activities take place, and their respective directors, ( past, present and future directors), officers, members, employees, agents course workers, servants, volunteers, instructors, guides,representatives, and agents, event holders, sponsors, directors, volunteers, officials, organizers, co-organizers etc., of events that TCC wishes to work with, first aid attendants, independent contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, successors and assigns.
IN CONSIDERATION OF ME BEING ACCEPTED TO PARTICIPATE IN TAMILNADU CYCLING CLUB’S CYCLING ACTIVITIES, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
I hereby undertake to abide by the rules and regulations of TCC. I shall participate in cycling competitions or events in a fair and sporting manner. I shall submit to disciplinary measures taken against me. I understand and agree that my participation in the Cycling Activities, conducted and/or sanctioned by “TCC” is conditional upon my execution of this document.
I acknowledge that the sport of cycling is an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential risk for death, serious injury and property loss. I am aware that Cycling Activities involves many risks, dangers and hazards including but not limited to travails by road, temperature, changing weather conditions, the physical and mental conditions of the participants including my own physical and mental condition, my acts or omissions or failure to act, first aid, emergency treatment or other services rendered, consumption of food or drink, lack of hydration, latent or apparent defects, loss of balance; high speed descents; difficulty or inability to control one’s speed and direction; rapid or uncontrolled acceleration on hills and inclines; extreme variation in cycling terrain including steep or slippery sections, trees, roots, tree stumps, logs, cliffs, rocks, rock drops, loose gravel, holes, depressions, streams and creeks; constructed features such as bridges, ramps, ladders, bumps, berms, jumps, and drops; collisions with natural and constructed objects, other participants, vehicles, pedestrians, spectators and officials; encounters with domestic or wild animals; mechanical failure or conditions in any equipment or property supplied by TCC, Releasees or other persons and/or entities negligence of other persons vehicular traffic and actions of other people including any other external events.
I understand and acknowledge that the above listing is not complete or exhaustive, and that other risks, known or unknown, identified or unidentified, anticipated or unanticipated, foreseeable or unforeseeable, direct or indirect, may also result in injury or damage to me or others or any property. I AM AWARE OF THESE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS ASSOCIATED WITH CYCLING ACTIVITIES AND I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM. I understand that negligence includes failure on the part of TCC and/ or its Releasees to take reasonable steps to safeguard or protect me from the risks, dangers and hazards of Cycling Activities.
I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently trained for participation in TCC organised practices, activities and/or events and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person.I have been advised to wear an approved helmet while participating in Cycling Activities. I recognize that serious head injury or death can result even when a helmet
is worn. I understand that all applicable rules for participation must be followed and that SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY PERSONAL SAFETY REMAINS WITH ME, including my physical and emotional preparation and fitness to participate in all events and programs throughout the year. I undertake and agree to remove myself from participation if I sense or observe any unusual hazard or unsafe condition, or if, at any time, at any event or program, I feel unable or unfit to
safely continue for any reason.
I understand that riding to the start point of any club ride or deviating from the prescribed route on any club ride shall be conducted solely at the risk of the Participant. I further understand that the consumption of alcohol or any other substance which might impair the physical or mental abili ty of a participant is strongly discouraged by TCC and the consumption of alcohol or such other substance during any club ride shall be solely at the risk of the participant.
In consideration of being permitted to participate in practices, activities or events conducted by TamilNadu Cycling Club (TCC) and its Releasees, I, for myself, mypersonal representatives, heirs, executors, next of kin, spouse and assigns, so agree as follows:
a) I give, a FULL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have, or may have in the future, against the Tamil Nadu Cycling Club, and all other Releasees from all liability for any loss damage, injury or expense that I may suffer as a result of my participation in any part or parts of the events or programs or my presence at any venue at which they may take place, due to any cause whatsoever, including the forms of negligence or for reasons set forth in the above paragraphs or from any breach of contract or statutory duty or other duty of care including any duty of care owed on the part of TCC and/or its Releasees.
b) I AGREE NOT TO SUE the Releasees and I further agree TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY TCC and all its Releasees from any and all Claims for any property damage, loss, death or personal injury to any third party resulting from my participation in the Cycling Activities.
c) I agree and acknowledge that, TCC and its Releasees shall not be liable for any Claims of any property damage, loss, death or personal injury, I suffer or by any other person arising from or in connection with my participation in Cycling Activities, whether such injury, loss or damage was caused directly or indirectly by the negligence of TCC and its Releasees or otherwise.
d) I will indemnify and keep indemnified TCC and its Releasees against all Claims that may be made by a person for whom I am responsible for supervision and care as well as persons who may make claims on my behalf as a result the circumstances mentioned above.
e) Where this document includes any person under the age of 18 years then the parent/guardian signing it warrants that the information provided is true and correct and personally covenants and becomes liable in terms of this document in relation to the release, assumption of risk and indemnity.
Terms of Privacy: By signing this document and my application being accepted, I consent to my name, phone number and email address being posted on a protected club web page and I further consent to my picture being taken or a video being made containing my image strictly for the use and enjoyment of TamilNadu Cycling Club. I understand that my picture or a video containing my image may be posted on the secure TamilNadu Cycling Club website or be shown at club functions. The posting of pictures or videos taken of members on social networking sites or for any use other than described in this section is strictly prohibited.
TCC will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below:
Event providers, such as the venues, event managers, promoters and others who are involved in, produce or bring you events.
Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on TCC’s behalf.
Other businesses with which TCC partners or which TCC carefully selects to offer you products, services, and promotions through TCC’s website or offline. Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, and protecting the safety of TCC participants.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution: These terms and conditions shall be governed by Laws of India and any dispute involving the parties to these terms and conditions shall be finally settled by arbitration in accordance with the Indian Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, as amended from time to time. The venue for arbitration shall be Chennai. Any award rendered by the arbitrators shall be final and binding on the parties.
I HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO THE ABOVE INCLUDING THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED TERMS,
WARNING, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY, I am aware that by signing these terms and conditions, I am waiving substantial legal rights (on my behalf and on behalf of my heirs, executors, administrators and next of kin), including the giving up of my right to sue.