Friday October 27th, 2017,
6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
The Mylapore fine arts society
45,Musiri Subramanium Road, Mylapore,
Helen O'Grady International, which provides development drama programmes for children aged 3 to 17, is staging an adaptation of playwright William Shakespeare's classic THE TEMPEST. The institute has branches in over 25 countries. Helen O' Grady International presents an adaptation of Shakespeare's THE TEMPEST in pantomime.Helen O'Grady International provides development drama programmes for children aged 3 to 17. The Tempest will be performed by college and school children in pantomime, which is a drama technique where actions and expressions are exaggerated to make the audience laugh. The play has already completed successful rounds in cities like Goa, Nagpur, Ahmedabad, Varanasi, Delhi, Mumbai, and is performing its 28th show in Chennai on October 27th. The drama also blends music and dance, and is directed by Bollywood actor Kanwarjit Paintal. Paintal is a self-taught actor, who has appeared in Bollywood movies such as Dimag Ki Dahi (2009), Satte Pe Satta (1982), Bawarchi (1972), and many more. He has been awarded the Filmfare Award for best performance in a comic role for movies Bawarchi (1972) and Chala Morari Hero Banne (1978). He has also served as the head of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), and is well-versed with Shakespeare's work. Arpita Mittal, CEO of Helen O' Grady India, who has worked in close connection with Paintal said, ''The chosen actors, most of them are college students and acting is their hobby. Some of them have trained in acting schools of the city. The apprehension was whether they will understand and grasp the genre of mime. They turned out to be extremely committed and were willing to give long hours to rehearsals. They picked up the techniques as if they were born to do it.'' She further adds that the entire experience was thrilling and very rewarding for the students and teachers alike.
• A convenience fee may be levied.
• Passes cannot be exchanged or refunded.
• Please be at the venue at least 20 minutes before the event to pick up your passes.
• Eventjini enables a transaction between you and the organizers of this event.
• Once a transaction is completed, Eventjini or Eventus Software which owns Eventjini, is not liable to process any refunds under any circumstances.
• For any refunds, grievances, claims and questions related to the event and its execution please contact the event organizer.