Type : Running
Distance : Custom_Running
Timed : No
Are you ready to #WALKFORHER?
We are celebrating women – Strong and spirited women who fight back and break all barriers. It has been a long fight and the pandemic made things much more difficult for our women as the reports of domestic violence, child marriages, school/college dropouts spiked up.
Join us as we celebrate every woman who never gives up.
Come, as we #WALKFORHER!
10 days of Endurance and Empowerment!
In the Oxfam Trailwalker-Virtual Challenge, you will unravel and explore your hidden horizons as you build resilience and strength.
You will sign up to walk for 100km, 50km or 25km over the period of 10 days! Yes, this is our trick to keep you healthy because we need you to change lives!
In these times of lockdown, some respite!
Any time of the day, anywhere, any surface and in fact at your own pace! Walk at a stretch or in intervals – only your total accumulated daily distance counts – including your trip to the bathroom! Yes. That too!
Walk for a cause!
For years, Oxfam India’s work on gender equality has been enabling poor and marginalised women to claim and advance their rights. By working with girls and women, and boys and men, we have been making violence against women socially unacceptable and less prevalent.
Join us and let’s fight together!
By completing your registration to take part in Oxfam Trailwalker Virtual 100k Challenge (India) (the “Event”) every participant (“you” / “participant”) agrees to adhere to following all terms and conditions set out by the Event organizer, Oxfam India:
• You undertake to either walk or run 100km within 10 days, 50km within 10 days, or 25km in 10 days depending on the chosen format and date slot at the time of registration.
• You understand that you can only take part in the event as an individual.
• You acknowledge that the Event is organized by Oxfam India (“Event Organiser”) in order to raise
funds for Oxfam India’s work across the country.
• You acknowledge and agree that you have chosen of your own free will to enter the Event and have not relied on any representations, statements or inducements by Oxfam when entering the event.
Entry to the Event:
• By submitting an application, you are agreeing to enter into the Event and agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions and any instructions given by the Event Organiser and officials of the event.
• You will register and pay the Event Joining Contribution (“Joining Contribution”) of INR 1,000.
• You confirm that the contact details provided are accurate, correct, and up to date.
• You acknowledge that the Event is a fundraising event in aid of Oxfam India exclusively.
• You understand that the joining contribution of INR 1,000 will be considered as a donation towards Oxfam India.
• You agree that you undertake the Event entirely at your own risk and will not hold the Event/
Event Organiser responsible for:
(a) any damage to, or loss of personal property; or
(b) any accident or injury which does not result from the negligence of the Event Organiser, arising directly or indirectly or in any manner whatsoever out of or in connection with the Event; or
(c) any costs incurred in the lead up to and the event itself; including but not limited to the joining contribution should the Event Organisers decide to cancel or suspend the event.
The hazardous nature of the Event:
You understand that the Event involves sustained physical exercise and you agree that you are responsible for your own fitness and health to take part in the Event and have consulted a doctor about your participation if you have a medical condition or concerns, or if you are over the age of 60 years.
For minors participating in the event, Oxfam India will not be held responsible for any untoward incidents/ injuries resulting due to participation in the Event.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND RULES
Cancellation by you:
• You acknowledge that should you wish to cancel your entry to the Event, the Joining
Contribution is non-refundable.
Cancellation by us:
• You understand that the Event Organisers reserve the right to cancel, alter or suspend the Event with or without notice, in consultation with Emergency Services and major event stakeholders/government.
• There will be no refund of the registration amount in case of cancellation by the Event Organiser, and the said Registration/ Joining Contribution, which is accepted as donation by Oxfam India.
Rules and Regulations, and Expected Behaviour:
• You warrant that you have sufficient competence, knowledge, common sense, experience, and equipment to participate in the Event in a manner that will be safe for you and others given the current situation.
• You agree to provide timely recorded proof of your progress.
Marketing and Communications:
• You agree that images, video/film, and interview material of all participants received during the event may be used by the Event Organiser to promote the Event and Oxfam sponsored challenge events in the future.
• You understand and agree that the Event Organisers will contact you regularly with administrative communications about your taking part in the Event, including logistical and fundraising information.
We collect some or all of the following Personal Data from you when you register to participate and when you participate in the Event.
Part of this data may be shared with event organization partner/s who oversee participant safety throughout the event.
FAQs – VIRTUAL OXFAM TRAILWALKER
1. Where can I join from?
From any part of the world — join in, walk/run at any time of the day, and on any surface (trail, road, treadmill, your backyard, literally anywhere), and support Oxfam India.
2. What’s the event format?
Choose from two available formats — 100km in 10 days, 50km in 10 days, or 25km in 10 days
3. When is the event scheduled?
The current edition of the event is scheduled from 10th Jan 2021 and there are 2 slots to choose from (25th Feb to 6th Mar 21 and 8th Mar to 17th Mar 21).
4. Is there an age limit to participate in the event?
No age limit — anyone, absolutely anyone, who has a passion for fitness and resonates with Oxfam India’s work, can participate!
In case you are 60+, we advise you to consult a medical expert given the nature of the event.
For minors participating in the challenge, we strongly advise adult/parental supervision.
5. My registration failed, what shall I do?
Please contact us at email@example.com
6. I logged in but can’t locate my dashboard. Why?
Your dashboard is activated on Day 1 of your chosen challenge slot. You will not be able to access it before that.
7. How do I submit my activity?
After registering successfully, upload activity on your personal dashboard.
– Log in to your account
– You will reach the dashboard
– Here, enter the kilometers walked
– Upload the screenshot (one screenshot per day – single image or collage)
– Submit Activity
8. What mobile apps shall I use for submitting proof of my activity?
Screenshots from all major fitness applications are acceptable. Some recommendations – Adidas Running, Apple Watch, FitBit, Garmin Connect, Google Fit, Nike Run Club, Pumatrac, Strava, Runkeeper, Map My Walk by Under Armour, or others.
9. Where can I check my total distance walked, and distance left to complete?
You will receive a progress email on your registered email ID every time you update your activity/progress data on the dashboard.
10. Can I upload the activity data for multiple days in one go?
We recommend sharing updates on a daily basis so that we can maintain your progress. However, this is completely up to you. But do update all progress on/before the closing date of your chosen challenge slot.
11. I walk/run twice a day, can I upload two or more screenshots for a single day?
You can upload only one screenshot per day. Upload cumulative distance at the end of the day or make a collage of multiple readings and upload it as proof.
12. Will I receive a certificate on event completion?
Yes. On completion of the event, you will receive a completion or participation E-certificate.
13. Do I receive an 80G certificate/Tax exemption?
Yes. A receipt will be sent to you within 7 working days after the transaction is successful or cheque is realized. The certificate will be e-mailed to you on your registered email ID provided at the time of making the contribution/donation. Be sure to double-check your email ID for spelling errors before clicking the submit button while making a donation.
14. Can I register on someone’s behalf or can participant and billing (person making the payment) person be different?
Ans. Yes, you can register on behalf of someone however participant and billing person cannot be different. Oxfam India will issue donation receipt on participant name only and will consider participant details into account.
15. Can I change/modify the name or other details on the donation certificate?
Ans. No. We do not allow any changes once successful registration is done. We request supporters to be doubly sure of credentials been fed while registering.
REGISTER NOW, LET’S ROLL.
Still, got questions? firstname.lastname@example.org