Saturday June 3rd, 2017 to
Sunday June 4th, 2017,
6:00 AM to 6:00 AM
Old no. 33, New No. 47, Gandhi Mandapam Rd, Chitra Nagar, Kotturpuram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600085,
Welcome to WCCG Relay Ride.
First of its kind event !! This time its even more better, with lot of fun, challenges and competition.
Relay Ride - How it works?
1) All you have to do is form a group of 4 member or a 2 member team.
2) Ride covers 4 routes – ECR, GST, NH4 and NH5
3) First rider from your team will cover the first 100 + kms (in ECR) and hand over the baton to the 2nd rider, who will then cover the next 100 + kms (in GST), followed by the 3rd and 4th riders subsequently in the next routes (NH4 and NH5).
4) If you are a 2 member team then the first rider has to cover 200 + kms (which is ECR + GST) and hand over the baton to the 2nd rider who will then have to cover 200 + kms (by riding in NH4 and NH5)
5) Ride Start and End Point for each leg is in CICLO Café, Starts on June 3rd at 6.00 AM
6) This is a competitive event, following the guidelines is mandatory.
Guidelines are as follows:
1) Obey Traffic Rules, Roads will not be blocked for the event.
2) Follow the Strava route
3) Rides to be tracked in Strava
4) Team has the leverage of choosing the riders and routes for each riders respectively.
5) If you are a 2 member team, then each rider will have to cover average of 220 kms
6) If you are a 4 member team, then each rider will have to cover average of 110 kms
7) No Drafting in any form is appreciable (motor vehicle / co-rider)
8) It is a fully self-supported ride (however refreshments will be provided at Start, U Turn and End points)
9) Attendance at Start, U-turn, End Point is mandatory.
10) In case of missing out in giving the attendance at any of the above said points leads to disqualification.
11) There will also be secret check-points.
12) Once the rider from your team has finished his / her distance remember to handover the Baton to the subsequent rider.
13) The rides tracked through your strava would be validated by the team and the organizing teams decision is FINAL.
14) For riding between 6PM to 6AM, powerful head and tail lights with reflective jacket is must.
15) A rider who is not adhering to any of the above said will be disqualified, hence together as a team will be banned from the event.
1st and 2nd prizes in each category would be awarded (subject to minimum participation of 5 teams in the category).
The event is supported by www.choosemybicycles.com
ORGANIZERS DECISION IS FINAL
RIDERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY
WCCG, WAIVER AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
*I acknowledge that the sport of Cycling is an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential risk for death, serious injury and property loss. There are both known and unanticipated risks. The known risks include, but are not limited to travails by road, temperature, weather, the physical and mental conditions of the participants including my own physical and mental condition, my acts or omissions or failure to act, first aid, emergency treatment or other services rendered, consumption of food or drink, lack of hydration, latent or apparent defects or conditions in any equipment or property supplied by WCCG or other persons and/or entities, vehicular traffic and actions of other people including any other external events. I understand and acknowledge that the above listing is not complete or exhaustive, and that other risks, known or unknown, identified or unidentified, anticipated or unanticipated, foreseeable or unforeseeable, may also result in injury or damage to me or my property, and I expressly accept and acknowledge those risks not specifically listed above as well. I expressly agree, covenant, and promise to accept and assume all responsibility and risk for injury, death, illness or disease, damage to myself or to property, to participants, spectators or to other third parties and their property, arising from or relating to my participation in WCCG - organized practices, activities and/or events and all related activities. I am voluntarily electing to participate in, attend, WCCG organized activities and/or events in spite of these risks. I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently trained for participation in WCCG organized practices, activities and/or events and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person. In consideration of being permitted to participate in practices, activities or events conducted by WCCG on 2nd June and 3rd June, 2018, I, for myself, my personal representatives, heirs, executors, next of kin, spouse and assigns, so agree as follows:
a) I irrevocably waive, release and forever discharge from any and every claim, demand, action or right of action of whatever nature or kind and all liability of any kind which may hereafter accrue to me in connection with my participating in WCCG organized practices, activities and/or events WCCG their past, present and future directors, officers, members, employees, servants, volunteers, representatives, and agents, event holders, event sponsors, event directors, event volunteers, event officials, and other co- organizers of events that WCCG TEAM wishes to work with during the period stated above (collectively the “Releasees”).
b) I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND PROMISE TO INDEMNIFY AND NOT TO SUE the Releasees and the sponsors of WCCG TEAM organized practices, activities and/or events, the organizers and employees through or by which practices and/or events will be held, (the foregoing are also collectively deemed to be Releasees) FROM ANY AND ALL RIGHTS AND CLAIMS INCLUDING CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE RELEASEE’S OWN NEGLIGENCE.
c) I hereby allow WCCG TEAM the right to use the photographs and videos of the participants taken during the event as they deem fit.
d) I understand that this Affidavit cum Indemnity shall be valid till the completion of this event